Monday 15 July 2013

Day 74 ! Jungle Body – SPECIAL GUEST REVIEW


For those of you who’ve been paying attention (there will be a short quiz at the end of this blog), you will know the importance the lovely Miss Yau places on a good name for a fitness class. And in this, amongst many other things - that woman is an oyster of wisdom, I tell you - she is absolutely right.

Which is how I found myself in an Islington studio on a rather sticky Thursday evening, about to attempt to get my very own ‘Jungle Body’.

Having done my research – I am nothing if not paranoid –  I uncovered this quote from the website - “A one hour Konga (the specific Jungle Body class offered) class can burn over 700 calories due to the “switch-up” formula and the sustained, high intensity nature of the workout.”

I won’t lie to you, I was terrified.

But I needn’t have been. Don’t get me wrong, it was hard work – several weeks of that and you really would have the kind of body normally associated with Amazonian warrior goddesses – but it was So. Much. Fun.

The class is split into a series of tracks, each with four very simple moves that the lovely Instructor Dani – beaming throughout – took us through step by step. Each track had a wildly different theme, so expect to be doing some classic 80s aerobics, hip-hop strutting, 20’s cabaret, boxing, sexy thrusting – in one track, boxing *then* sexy thrusting, that was a new one, believe me – all to a killer soundtrack.

I will certainly be going back. It’s worth it for the cabaret version of ‘Crazy in Love’ alone.

Signed, Miss R xx

The Need To Know:
- Where: Pulse Dance Studios (http://www.pulsedancestudios.co.uk)
- Nearest Station: Angel (4mins)
- When: Thursdays 19.00
- How Much: Drop-in around £6 for single class
  
The Want to Know:
- Who’s it For: For those who a mixed up mash up dance cardio class
- Sweat Scale: 9/10.
- Strength / Cardio / Flexi / Tone: Cardio and toning
- Complexity: 6/10.
- Fun Factor: 8/10.
- Changing Facilities: A toilet and a couple cubicles for changing
- Instructor Inspiration: 8/10. Infectious enthusiasm!

The Stats:
- Total Time: 55mins
- Calories Burnt: 258. A decent 4.7 calories-burnt-per-minute
- Average Heart Rate: 116
- Max Heart Rate: 151

Thanks Miss R!
Thanks Instructor Dani!


2 comments:

  1. nice fitness post, I love your style of blogging here on around-the-fitness-world-in-80-days.blogspot.com :)
    you see, there are 2 blogs that i've found so far to be very helpful and have something interesting for me whenever i visit, this one and http://danieluyi.com
    Keep it up. I will be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete